Monday, July 28, 2008

This is what MY President has done for me!!

On August 13th 1997, almost exactly 11 years ago, I signed up for the Army reserves so that I could receive money for college. I am not ashamed of this fact, though there are those in the military who give people like me the evil eye because to them, such a thing is dishonorable. Anyway, because of reasons that I do not desire to go into at this moment, I was not able to receive my GI bill money. I will go so far as to say that it is not all the fault of my superiors and the Army Beuroacracy; I should have better informed myself.

Fast forward to today... I've spent the past 3 years spending Steve's hard earned money on an education that should have been paid for by the military. I had not been planning on returning to school for a very long time for a few different reasons. One, Steve doesn't want to spend any more money on my schooling at the moment, Two, Steve needs to finish his education because it is our plan for him to be the breadwinner in our family, and Three, (which is the most important), we are working on trying to have some kids.

Well, Steve informed me this evening that President Bush, MY President, has signed the 'Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008'. This act will allow me to be able to go back to school without worrying how it's going to be paid for, and all because I was serving in the military after 9/11. This is soooooo exciting. If President Bush did anything for me while he was President of My country the past 8 years, it was the opportunity to finish my education (within the next 15 years of course).

:D Thanks President Bush!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so happy that you qualified for this!

Anonymous said...

Yea CM!!!

Danila said...

That is awesome news! No one deserves it more than you, I am so happy to hear that you will be able to go back to school but even more happier to hear that you might have a larger family sometime soon. I know you're going to be an incredible mom.

EaGLeSToNs said...

That is awesome. I've fallen behind on my blog checking. You've been busy the past couple of weeks. I feel a bit slackerish. This really is great news though. Go Pres. Bush!