Monday, July 28, 2008

Kick My Butt!!!

Dude, so I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could attend the Masters Swimming Class at 6 at the gym. I tell you what... I am dang tired, and I didn't even do half of what the other swimmers did. The instructor (Christie) says I'm a pretty good swimmer for never having any lessons, so that makes me feel pretty good.

There were 4 other swimmers there this morning and they are FAST at a casual pace. It takes almost all of my effort just to keep up on the first lap. They were doing 4 laps while I was doing 2. But it's ok... if I keep at it, I should be able to hang with them eventually.

Christie taught me a training technique this morning too. I'm really excited to be able to get some actual swim training for the first time in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy--you are so great! Keep up the good work!

Johnny Rotten said...

Oh man, swimming is such an awesome workout. I was actually a lifeguard in Huntington Beach next to the pier many years ago. I would do more swimming now, but it's really a lot of work. Now prefer the kind of workout that only LOOKS hard to do.

CM Stephensen said...

so, which one's LOOK hard to do? Thats the million dollar question, right!