Saturday, October 2, 2010

General Conference In Our Home

This weekend is the 180th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love conference and really look forward to it every six months. The first session today was really amazing. It's such a cozy day. We get to relax in our own home and stream the broadcast through the internet. I love to stay in my jammies and bring down my pillow and blanket and post myself on the couch.

Abby stayed pretty well entertained. She spent a lot of the time scribbling on a conference coloring book I printed out for her. Every once in a while she would come over to hand me pencils or want to sit in my lap.

I love the special feeling of sacredness that comes into our home when we play conference. I've tried very hard today to do things that are worthy of that spirit. There were so many great talks today.

It brings a great satifisfaction to know that my little Abby girl is going to grow up in a home where General Conference is highly valued. It's so important for her to learn righteous behavior through our examples. And the more I hear from our leaders of the importance of teaching our children the gospel, the more dedicated I feel. One of the quotes I wrote down today was, "The world will teach our children if we don't." That is certainly, not what I want for our family.

I feel so grateful that we have a prophet on the earth today and grateful that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel.

No comments: