Friday, August 15, 2008

It's a Small World After All

This week I traveled to Utah to visit one of my dearest friends whom I havn't seen since she left Georgia mid 2004. I met up with her in Grantsville, UT on Monday where she was staying with her closest friend Laurianne. This was the second time this year that I stayed in Grantsville... the first time was back in January. Steve and I had stayed at Tanya Turners parents home awaiting the Buccambuso's sealing in Salt Lake. I thought it was crazy that Laurianne, someone I had met when she lived with Heater in Georgia back in 2000, lived so close... I had no idea.

We met up with another Georgia friend, K'lyn, who lives in West Jordan.

All this got me thinking about how I'm getting to the point in life where I'm meeting people who already know other people I've met. I think it's pretty cool.

Here are some other "small world" meetings:

Did you know that Jake Eagleston and I are cousins... sort of. Well... way back in the 80's my mom's sister Patricia married Jakes Uncle John Tate. They had two kids together, our mutual cousins, John and Nate. My aunt Patty and Jakes uncle John have long been divorced.

One of my other dearest friends, Julie McLaws, grew up in Oak City... outside of Delta, UT. One of Julie's sisters went to high school with Tara Eagleston.

Also, I've recently learned that Julie Groff is David Belcher's cousin... David is Married to Heather (mentioned above). I've known Heather since 1999. I met David around the time I met Steve... David was at our wedding reception and was one of the two guys that decorated my car.

Carly Crocker, who lived in Atlanta before coming here, knew the first friend I made when I moved to Georgia. Clayton Bassett. Clayton was her Home Teacher for a while. Clayton was the guy that got me into reading... he was at mine and Steve's wedding and reception.

This one is from a long time ago. When I first joined the church in 1999, I met my best friend Rachel at the single adult ward in Indianapolis. We had gone to my house one day to hang out... come to find out, it's the house her family lived in and rented from my Grandmother for a while. My parents still live in that house... it's the house my mom grew up in.

No comments: