Monday, April 28, 2008

It's Hard to Make Things Easier

Well... if you didn't know before, you now know that I am a packrat! Yes... that's right... I'm not in denial. It's a tradition thats been passed on to me from my mom, and to her from her mom and dad both!

The news is that I am now putting forth a lot of effort (which is extremely difficult) to declutter and repent of being a packrat. It's been tough, but so worth it. I've had a great friend who has been helping me with the decluttering process. It's so rewarding to feel that various things in my home are in a proper place and order. I am astonished at how much more the spirit is abiding in my home.

Part of the reason I've been doing trying to put things in order, is so that we can have more room for food storage... but also, having so much stuff has been a constant source of contention between Steve and I. I've been trying to put forth a lot of effort to get things taken care of before Steve got home today, but there have been too many 'other' things going on to get all of it done. I did get much accomplished though and I feel comfortable with that. Steve did say that the house feels good... that was a bonus (and I think what I was something I was really hoping to hear).

No comments: